Bella - Steve Piacente I wasn’t sure what I would think of this book when I picked it up. The description intrigued me and I saw there were a lot of terrific reviews. Sometimes this ends up disappointing me. I was not disappointed. I was hooked right away. Although it is categorized as a political thriller, it was more like a drama for me.

The plot revolves around the story of an accidental act of fratricide and the resulting cover-up by the military. The deeper story seems to be a man hell-bent on self-destruction. The book is written in Danny’s point of view and what a fascinating man he is. The reader is often allowed a glimpse of his private thoughts and struggles which adds a depth to the story.

It is really a character driven book. Character development was brilliant. Even the supporting cast was complex, real, and added to the storyline rather than being tedious and distracting.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well-written, thought-provoking novel. I will definitely be reading more from this talented author.