Take This Regret (Take This Regret, #1) - A.L. Jackson,  Amy Lichtenhan I was fortunate to be able to read the prequel to this book before reading it. Lost to You is the background story of how Elizabeth and Christian met and became a couple. Many things in Take This Regret made better sense to me because of it. I think I was much more tolerant of Christian and Elizabeth both from having read the prequel.

This book was an emotional roller coaster ride. I was hooked immediately and felt drawn to both characters. The story is told by the alternating POV of both characters. I am really glad the author decided to write the book this way as it added to the emotional impact of the story and helped me to connect to both of the characters. I particularly enjoyed Christian’s dialog. I think it felt a little more real to me.

I highly recommend this book to anybody who enjoys a quality emotional drama. You do not have to read the prequel before this one but it will definitely enhance your reading experience if you do. I will definitely be reading more A.L. Jackson books in the future.