Running Against Traffic - Gaelen VanDenbergh I absolutely loved this book. It sucked in from the start. I literally didn’t want to put it down. I wanted to remain immersed in this little town with these wonderfully quirky characters. It was a quick read but I really didn’t want it to end.

The story felt realistic in the way it developed. There was not a lot of backstory to begin the story but it was interspersed into the story as it was necessary. The parallels in the story are cleverly used. It was both heartbreaking and heartwarming. At times it was laugh out loud funny.

Character development was masterful. I felt like I got to know Paige as she was getting to know herself. I connected with her from the start. Her reactions to what happened to her seemed quite natural. Al and Bryce were very colorful supporting characters and added depth to the story as a whole.

Read this book! It is a breath of fresh air. It would make a fantastic summer read! This is a stunning debut from Ms. VanDenbergh. I hope she will be writing a sequel as the ending kind of lends itself this and I would love to spend more time with these great characters.