Countermeasure - Chris Almeida, Cecilia Aubrey This book was the perfect blend of romance, adventure, and mystery. I was hooked from the start. It was fast paced but not rushed and was very interesting from start to finish.

I thought the character development was outstanding. I love a strong, intelligent female character and Cassandra was all that and more. Trevor was her perfect complement. Each had their vulnerabilities and each was extremely believable and likeable. They worked well together and I enjoyed the way their relationship developed.

The plot was easy to follow. There were plenty of twists to keep the reader interested and curiosity peaked. I liked that the romance did not overpower the suspense/mystery but was a complement to it. The story was masterfully woven and kept me from wanting to put it down. I had to find out what happened next. The ending was satisfying and one of the best I have read for leading into the next book in the series.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in an intriguing storyline independent yet complementary of the overall theme of the series. I liked that it was written as collaboration. The authors did an awesome job. I am really looking forward to the next book in the series.